Enterprise Bootcamp is a program to support young people who develop their own business ideas. It’s a combination of a 3 months course and weekly mentoring sessions. When The Bootstrap Company looked for mentors last year I thought this might be a fantastic opportunity and I signed up.
I’ve met regularly with Mickel who is a young and talented photographer. He wants to run a practical photography workshop. The workshop is designed to support people with learning disabilities such as Asperger’s Autism and dyslexia of all ages.
This week Mickel finished his first exhibition project. He took portraits of all members of the program, selected them, printed them and finally framed and exhibited them. I can say that I am very proud as the photos are excellent and show each ones personality.
Here are the images as small JPGs – if you’re interested please come and visit the exhibition at http://www.bootstrapcompany.co.uk and see the full description of the project below the images.
This exhibition showcases the work of young entrepreneur & photographer Mickel Adeyemi (@banxyphoto). The show has been put together with the support of his Bootstrap mentor, fashion photographer Ben Kaufmann (@kaufbenjamin).
This exhibition profiles the young entrepreneurs on the Bootstrap ‘Enterprise Bootcamp’ a pioneering project to equip 15 young entrepreneurs (18-24) with the tools, networks and skills to start-up their own enterprise.
The project is run in partnership between Bootstrap Company and Peabody Housing Association. The training is led by Bootstrap tenant Kofi Oppong, who delivers his pioneering ‘Urban MBA’ course in the masterclass workshops. The programme consists of:
- Masterclasses – 4hr enterprise workshops with facilitators covering topics such as: Goal Setting, Personal finance, Business plan writing, Branding, Presentation skills.
- Mentoring – Led by experienced entrepreneurs from the Bootstrap community in 1hr weekly 1-2-1 mentoring sessions.
- Accredited learning – Participants complete an OCN Level 1 Business Management qualification.
- Space to grow – Participants will have their own deskspace to work from, with computers provided.
- Connections – Participants are invited to Bootstrap events and tenant networking events.
- Finale – The programme ends with a ‘dragons den’ style pitching event with various awards, including small startup grants.
To find out more,
Email: henry@bootstrapcompany Twitter: @bootstrapcampus